Friday, March 18, 2011

Where Would You Go On Your First Date?



From time to time I play Family Feud.   Occasionally, Jonathan will join me and we'll take turns answering the questions.  

The question came up:  "Where would you go on your first date?"

I answered, "Movie".   57% of those polled also said "Movie". 

"Good answer, Mom!"  he said with a high 5.

Jonathan's turn.

"I'd take her to my bedroom."

"WHAT???  NO!  Son!!  What in the world???  You NEVER EVER take a girl to your bedroom, Jonathan!!  Why would you take a girl to your bedroom???   (Knowing my son is still very innocent in anything to do with the birds and bees, I was really quite curious.  Had I misjudged his naivety ?)

"Why not, Mom?? That's where the video games are!"

"Ohhhhhh, of course!  The video games!!   

"But don't worry Mom, I'd let her win sometimes.  Then she'd keep playing with me."

Wise young man...

So much for that game of Family Feud.  I think we got sidetracked.  : )

You can read more about our AWEtism experience by clicking: 
AWEtism....Life on the BRIGHT SIDE of the Spectrum

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the innocence of a child! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna
    Love that you also use the words "bright side" :) I look forward to reading your posts.
    Best wishes
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Too funny!
    I am going to follow your blog. My 6 year old son has autism too and I love seeing the BRIGHT side of things (:

    ReplyDelete