Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jonathan Got Published!!


A LONG time ago I remember receiving an email, and they asked for poems, stories and artwork from people with developmental disabilities. I sent something in Jonathan had "written" (he said it, and I typed it.) Today I get a book in the mail, and see that my 8 year old son got published!!! How cool is that?

The online edition is a PDF file you can see. His poem is on page 12 (though you might enjoy reading and looking at the rest of it!)


http://www.icdl.com/documents/GLIMPSE-1308.pdf

But in case you can't access that link, here is the poem in all it's glory!

I Love Butterflies

I love butterflies most of all.
Ladybugs crawl
Moths fly
Worms slither
Spiders tiptoe
And grasshoppers jump
But
Butterflies DANCE and are free
Like me.

Jonathan Ryan Cooper
Age 4
Autism/Hyperlexia

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Encourage him to write more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot for any 4 y.o. to come out with, esp a spectrummer!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete